Friday 10 January 2014

Remember me?

I remember the days when I used to blog religiously back in 2006-2007. I'm not sure what happened to those long lost days but I sure have been a slacker in the last few years when it comes to blogging. Truthfully, I like writing blogs. For a few different reasons. First of all, it's good practise. Since my job actually requires that I write thoughtful and interesting things in order to earn an income, this is definitely a muscle I should be flexing more often. Secondly, I love the funny little things that happen in life and I like sharing them. Those quirky little blips on life's radar are the meat and potatoes of life, and sharing those moments is a way we as fellow human beings can connect and interact.

There isn't much going on in my life right now. Still at the same job (going on 10 years!!!), still married (going on 9 years!!), still have two kids that drive me absolutely bonkers but I love them so much it's sickening. I told my husband this morning that our little bugger is so cute I just wanted to bite his face off. I don't know what that means, other than maybe I have a zombie complex? Too much Walking Dead maybe!? I come by biting honestly though. My memère used to give us what she used to refer to as "love bites". This basically gave her permission to bite us. Not hard or anything. Not 'CFS call' worthy or anything. Just little nibbles on the neck or the earlobes. Totally harmless stuff right? Doesn't everyone's grandma bite them? What? Is that weird or something? Hmmm....

Little Miss Sassy Pants is getting taller yet some how manages to stay the same weight. So as you guessed it, the girl is a bean pole. Skinny... Super skinny. I keep throwing pork chops at her but they don't seem to stick. Lucky girl though.... Good metabolism. Kind of jealous...The best part about her getting taller but never changing waist size is that I can let her wear the same pair of pants for years. They start off as pants, the next summer they become capri pants and then the following summer I can cut them into shorts. This principle also works for dresses. When they start to get a little too short, we just throw her capri pants under them. Boom... Money saving tip to you from me. You're welcome. (disclaimer: I do not condone starving your child to save money on pants and dresses. Children should be fed reasonably so as to not appear gaunt and pale.)

As my daughter seems to stay the same size for years, I have gained some weight over Christmas. Meh, what are you gonna do! It happens. But I'm doing a weight loss challenge for the next six weeks and hope to get back to my weight loss plan. I had lost about 20 lbs last year and probably 40 lbs over the course of 8 years so by my calculations, I should be at my goal weight by the time my seniors discount kicks in. Dream big or go home, right? So if I decide to continue to blog every day, which I would like to do, I'm going to document my weight loss journey. I'm turning 35 in February. I want to spend the remainder of my thirties as a healthy, fit senorita. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment