Tuesday 14 January 2014

Chicken Wings = 18, Me = Goose Egg

Electric Honey, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Salt and Vinegar, Sour Cream and Onion, Nacho Cheese, Perogy, Maple Bacon and Poutine. Those are the different varieties of chicken wings my friends and I sampled last night at a neighbouring town's bar. Yup.... It was chicken carnage.

I was apprehensive about going to wing night since I'm trying really hard to be good with my food choices. Had I known I was going out for wings earlier, I probably would have had less calories earlier in the day so I could spare a few to enjoy the decadent, sticky, gooey, crunchy awesomeness those chicken wings had to offer.

By the time we were done attacking those poor helpless chicken appendages, I had eaten at least 18. Not chickens, wings. At around 160 calories for 3, it was a caloric nightmare. I could beat myself up for it all week, but at the end of the day, not only did we get a delicious treat, we had such a fun time hanging out which made it all worthwhile. And today is a new day! I've been eating very nutritiously and plan to do my treadmill run later, so I'm back at 'er and hope to still post a loss for this second week of our biggest loser challenge.

If anything, after the Christmas food coma ended and I started getting back into my healthy lifestyle groove again, I feel lighter, more energetic and generally happier. I have mostly cut out soda (except for when I go out) and this has been huge for me. I've also been staying away from simple carbs (white flour and white sugar) and focusing on fruits, veggies and lean protein. And water, water, water..... I've never drank so much water in my entire life but it feels so good to crave it and have it with me all the time. We keep a pitcher of lemon water in our fridge which makes drinking it that much more appealing.

So yes, I did lose the chicken wing battle last night, but I enjoyed every little morsel and had a BLAST with my besties. And at the end of the day, that's what life's all about; being good most of the time but giving into those moments when you allow yourself to be just a teeny bit naughty. I'm such a bad a$$.

n

No comments:

Post a Comment